Sunday, November 15, 2009

I am finally “back” to give you an update.
Since our last meeting, Joyce has had two more Chemo treatments, so she has had a total of four with two to go November 19 and December 10. She still has not been able to gain any weight, so she is still way under her weight from before the chemo. Her eating habits are just the opposite from her normal diet—high fat, sugar, lots of protein, and eat, eat, eat! Meanwhile her “Chubby Hubby” can’t cut down!
As you may know I have had back problems since Adam and Eve, but PT put me in traction one session, and I ended up in the ER October 18. I had surgery for two protruding discs and a cyst November 6th and home on the 7th. Not a good time for me to be on my back, but if we didn’t do it now we probably would want to wait until January, so we went for it! I am recovering well. Joyce was in the hospital over a month, and I could hardly stand it one night!

2 comments:

  1. The new year has to be better than this one for you two. And it takes time after back surgery before lifting any weights - even if Joyce has lost a bunch. So sorry to hear all this is going on. The old proverb -- when it rain it pours...
    So - get this behind thee -- and be healed soon.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Doug & Joyce. I thought about you both a lot during Challenge Walk. I want you to know I'm keeping your collective and complete recoveries in my prayers. Please let me know if I can do anything!

    Holly Anderson

    ReplyDelete