Saturday, July 25, 2009

Moving Forward...Forward...Forward!!!

Last night was "...a night that would never end..." for Joyce. She woke up several time thinking it was morning and she had to call me because the Doctor was coming, when really it was still the middle of the night.



But, that was last night and today is spelled PROGRESS!

The day started with a healing touch session that may have been the trigger for the rest of the progress that happpened all day.

Doctor D was there in the morning and after examining the reports from Friday and Friday night, recommended a blood transfusion. He believed it would get her body back on track and he was right. Half way through the process, Joyce's blood pressure and pulse rate both came down and she seemed to be less dizzy. He also said she could be on a liquid diet and get started with some meds. Happy day!

Joyce sat up today for up to 2.5 hours and walked four different time, two of the walks over 200 feet! These are unbelievable considering she was in major surgery 40 hours previous! Joyce believes this dramatic turn-a-round was due to the healing touch, and who can argue!

Sometime during the afternoon she said "I must be getting better, I'm cold!"

Doug

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joyce - 4 walks in one day. You must be feeling better or just one determined gal. Praise God for all the skilled care you are receiving and for the blood transfusions. I think about you always. Take Care. Love - Mary V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joyce,
    My name is Adam Schefers, I'm joann's youngest son. I heard about your major surgery and found you on the internet(My dad needed my help!). I just want you to know that as a PT, four walks in one day that soon after surgery is quite a feat! Also, my family is praying for you. Good luck and God Bless!

    Regards,
    Adam, Trista and Will

    ReplyDelete