Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Ready To Go

I am ready for surgery. Doug and I have had two weeks to prepare and we are ready. Each day has been memorable as we have learned more. Our pastor, Don, has helped both of us so much. He is an eight-year survivor of kidney cancer (usually fatal) and he has many insights and tips. About a year ago he told me about Healing Touch and introduced me to Carol, who is a former nun, experienced practitioner, teacher of Healing Touch at St Catherine's University and has started programs at several TC hospitals. I am in good hands! Every time it is a healing and spiritual experience. Today she taught Doug how to help reduce pain and reduce effects of anesthesia in my body. So he will also have an active role in caring for me.

I'm calm, confident in the skill of Dr. Argenta, gynecologist oncologist, who is doing the surgery. I plan to relax and let God's healing power work in me.

We still basically know nothing except that surgery is scheduled for 8:00 a.m tomorrow, July 23. After that we start a new chapter. Thanks for your prayers and positive thoughts. Love, Joyce, Doug, ChanMy and Larisa

No comments:

Post a Comment