Monday, August 31, 2009

The great escape was incomplete!

It was a wonderful escape from the confines of the hospital, but a you can guess we still have all the medications ( and no nurses saying “take these now”), and the home nurses visits, doctor visits, chemo therapy coming up, PT, and the mundane things like shopping and bill paying. I had lots of plans for today, but the only ‘normal’ thing we got done was wash a load of clothes and a load of dishes.
Every day this week has “medical” written all over it.
So this is our ‘new life,’ squeeze in some regular activities and continue the important and necessary activities for getting rid of the cancer!
Our doctor today looked Joyce in the eyes and said that she will be cancer free!
Joyce put it this way ”He looked straight at me with his big blue eyes and said you will be cancer free!”
But we still say it is wonderful to be home!
I probably will not be doing daily blogs now, so when I do, I will go back to sending an email telling you that I did.
Thank you for your love, prayers, tears, notes, and thoughts, we need them all.
Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment