Saturday, August 15, 2009

Nights

Every evening when I leave Joyce, I think, maybe this night she will get the rest she needs and deserves!

Every morning turns out to be like this morning. I get there by 6:30 and she is sitting up with her eyes open, (I hesitate to say she is awake), and tired as the devil!

I wonder if anyone who is not drugged can sleep in a hospital bed.

So today she did spend time dozing. I helped with that, whenever I started talking, she fell asleep, how good am I.

Her pulse rate has been high today and blood sugar also, so she got a dose of insulin today. She has a difficult time calming down, partly because her hiccups come every so often and bring the thought that she may vomit. The NG tube is doing the job, and is not as painful as the last one.

She seemed better to me at the end of the day than in the morning, probably because she got some rest.
Tonight she will be getting 1 or 2 doses of a drug that helps with anxiety and sleep.

We asked the doctor today if we are dealing with a lazy intestine, or a partial blockage. She said it is probably a partial blockage. She had not seen the last C-T Scan images so she did not have any new information. She will be talking to us tomorrow.

I think I said in a previous blog that the hope was that the chemo would get things going, and the oncologist thought that could take two treatments. We are unclear on the status of that at this time.

I am looking forward to tomorrow morning and having Joyce feeling rested up, and ready to resume some of our walking!
Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment